18 February 2014

Tea: Thoughts and Favorites


Yesterday I stumbled upon this painting, and when a friend of mine said I needed to post on my blog again, I thought I would review my favorite teas.  Following I will give my own commentary on the teas and then when I usually drink them (Since there are so many teas that I love, I generally have to be in the mood for a certain on.)  :-)

___________________________________________


I love english breakfast tea, and remember it as being one of the first teas I drank regularly.  We used to always buy the twinings brand, but since it is around $5.00 for a box of 20 count we switched to the Trader Joe's version.  Same taste, better price.  I usually drink this tea with a big breakfast or for afternoon schoolwork, to give myself a little boost.

 ___________________________________________


Ah, and the Jasmine Green Tea.
I always hated the taste of green tea, and no matter what, I would not drink it.  Still, because I love jasmine tea, I decided to try the mixture of it that Trader Joes offered.  It remains
 one of my favorites not only because of the taste but also the wonderful health benefits that come with it.  I drink this tea sometime between breakfast and lunch or during school.
___________________________________________

Next are the two Greys.  I personally like Lady grey more that Earl Grey, but they are both wonderful teas that I drink instead of english breakfast... that is I drink them whenever I want something more than just plain black tea.

____________________________________________

      These two I generally drink when I feel in the mood for juice because they have a lighter, but tart taste to them.  Also, I love Pomegranate :)
On the left is Lipton's Cranberry Pomegranate Green Tea, and on the right is Trader Joe's Pomegranate White tea.

____________________________________________


I had the experience of drinking chai tea all the time when I first discovered it being wonderful, until I didn't like it anymore. Although I still love the powdered chai we had once upon a time (Link to Enchanted Chai Here). Then, this past Christmas time our Trader Joe's trip found a Spiced Chai in the bag, and once I tried it, I really liked it. Oh and the chai I had been having before this was Celestial Seasonings Indian Spice chai.
____________________________________________

Ah, My two wellness teas.  I fall back on Chamomile tea when I come home late at night, or when I'm not feeling too well, and don't want some drastic peppermint tea.  Not that I don't like peppermint, I just can't stand it when I'm sick.
Then there are Traditional Medicinals which are organic, and non-GMO project certified teas; Breathe Easy, and Throat Coat that I usually like to have when I feel a cold coming on.

____________________________________________

And lastly, Mango Black tea, also from Trader Joe's.  I love this tea when I want black fruit tea, because well... it is black fruit tea.  Unlike most black teas with fruit in them, the mango in this tea stands out wonderfully!  I usually will drink this instead of my other black teas.






____________________________________________

Well!  That's a lot, but I hope you enjoyed it, and also found a new tea that you would like to try out :)  Oh, and for those of you who like personality tests, here is a fun one I found on the Traditional Medicinals Website.

And one of my favorite quotes by C. S. Lewis:
Stay warm, enjoy your tea, and try not to get spring fever like I did today... it's only February!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment on my blog. I enjoy your input, and try to reply to each comment!