26 June 2014

Roman Holiday ~Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck~

One of my all-time favorite movies is Roman Holiday Starring Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck.  It's not your classic love story although it is defenitely a classic love story-- you would know what I mean once you see the movie ^.^  Actually, Roman Holiday was Audrey's first Hollywood film!


          Anyway-- Now I will attempt to tell you about this movie without spoiling its great plot.  Audrey Hepburn plays the role of Princess Ann in this film-- a princess who is on tour in Rome to improve European relations, and to say the least she is not happy with her life.  She is tired of shaking hands with officials and dancing with ambassadors.
          Needless to say she plays sick girl so that all her appointments will be cancelled, and on goes the adventure!  But there's more.  Gregory Peck is a newspaper reporter living in Italy named Joe Bradly.

Mouth of truth - roman holiday
This picture is from one of the most famous scenes in Roman Holiday-- The Mouth of Truth

          Roman Holiday is one of my favorite B&W movies.  It captures people's everyday interaction with each other (maybe not now days interaction, but a very trusting Princess in the 50's...).
         If this little bit of the plot doesn't say enough, then I can put more to pique the interest of you readers-- I just don't want to spoil this movie for you ^.^

         So I hope you have a wonderful end of the week, and let me know if I should write anymore into this review!  Or, have you seen Roman Holiday, and what are your favorite parts in it? Is there a different B&W or older movie (60's and older) that you enjoy?


post signature




2 comments:

  1. I watched this! I loved it too! :D My favorite part was when she wanted to get her hair cut and the barber was like; "This is beautiful hair- no!". I just loved how she was so sad and then he made it look awesome!! :D It was so cute. I wish I could do my hair like her's! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the hair cutting was one of the best parts-- then again the whole movie was the best part to me XD

      ~Katrina

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment on my blog. I enjoy your input, and try to reply to each comment!