22 June 2014

Vivian Maier Photography




           One of my friends Amy told me about a newly discovered (in 2007) Photographer Nanny from the 50's: Vivian Maier.  I thought I would share the website and some of her pictures because I like thousands of other people have absolutely fallen in love with her photography!  It is absolutely amazing so here we go--

**All these photos are from http://www.vivianmaier.com/.  I did not take any and give full credit to the website-- these are just for a sneek peek so you can see how wonderful the photography is and go visit the site yourself!**

VM19XXW03454-06-MC

VM19XXW02129-11-MC
Audry Hepburn on 1964 Chicago, IL premier of "My Fair Lady"
I absolutely love the above picture! (being an Audrey Hepburn fan and all ^.^)

VM1959W03439-02-MC
1956 New York, NY
1241
1953 New York, NY
VM1959W04087-10-MC
France 1959

VM1960W00213-09-MC
Self Portrait 1960

VM1961W00839-08-MC
Sailors 1961

VM1956K05925-04-MC
1956
The above picture was my favorite of her color photos-- Personally I think she had better black and white ones.  But maybe that was just because those picture were from the 50's and 60's and most of the color ones were from the 70's?  I don't know.

I hope you enjoyed this post!  Let me know what you think of her photography, or if you already have heard of her, what are your favorite pictures?  Have a wonderful week!

post signature


4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you like her photography as much as I do. Here are the links to some of my favorite pictures, http://www.vivianmaier.com/gallery/street-1/#slide-16 http://www.vivianmaier.com/gallery/street-1/#slide-43

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes those are really amazing photos! haha, the girl on the left of the top one reminds me of a 6 year old version of my mom ^.^ Also I absolutely love the one with the Man and two children who are roller blading!

      ~Katrina

      Delete
  2. These are beautiful!
    I especially love the one of Audrey Hepburn, I'm a big fan of her's too!

    xo sarah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't Audrey great! Have you seen Roman Holiday? I should do a post on that movie, its so great!

      ~Katrina

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment on my blog. I enjoy your input, and try to reply to each comment!