30 July 2014

Accountability: Blogging vs. Math

          The title might confuse you a little, however it will be made clear ^.^  Anyway I thought I would write a post on using blogging for accountability in other things.
                                                                                                 
vs.

                          Source
   
          This summer I was supposed to get through a whole math book-- however because I started doing more blogging I kept putting the math off.  With the school year coming up I know that it will be hard for me to balance my home homeschooling with that which I take at a co-op type thing.  So!  I decided to make myself do at least one lesson of math before I write any blog posts.  This may work, and it might not, but I'm going to try to get through most of this book before September, and keep blogging as a treat once my work is done.
          So!  If you after this you are wondering why I haven't posted as often as the past two weeks, then here is your answer ^.^  Anywho, I will try to get Fantastic Fridays in (math or no) as well as Pictures of the Week.
          Have you ever tried to keep a schedule with blogging, or have you found (like me) that it can be so much fun writing posts that you forget about some other things you have to do?  I hope you all have a wonderful day, and I am really looking forward to getting this math book done ^.^
       

post signature

9 comments:

  1. Good luck with getting your book done! That totally happens with me too, I'm supposed to practice my flute and I've only done it once this summer. *sobs*

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! You play flute? That's cool! I have a flute but haven't started lessons yet!

      ~Katrina

      Delete
  2. Uhhhh...you are totally like me! Math is so annoying and I don't like it at all! I use Teaching Textbooks, and my mom is realizing how Algebra is really hard through TT. She is looking into a book that uses Algebra in real life lessons, I really hope that will help me learn my algebra better! :D I hope you can stick to this, because it is a really good idea. I might even do it. :) if I can get the nerve to commit to it. ;) lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually I really like it! I used to use Saxon and that was a nightmare. So right now I'm doing really good with my plan. Hopefully I will be able to do blogging through the school year though... we'll see how that goes!

      ~Katrina

      Delete
    2. Oh... I just noticed I said I actually really like it without mentioning what I really like. So! I was saying that I don't mind math, and I like Teaching Textbooks because I used to do the Nightmare of Saxon math ^.^

      ~Katrina

      Delete
    3. You use TT also? What level are you in right now? I'm in Algebra 1. I've never used Saxon before. But, I am glad you found something you like! :) Yeah, my blog got put off when I had constant school also, but I've recently changed my schedule and I think I'll be able to work with my school, life and blogging world much better!

      Delete
    4. I am in Pre-Algebra because I got behind using Saxon. I will be really busy this coming school year so we'll see how much blogging I do ^.^

      ~Katrina

      Delete
    5. Yay! I'm not the only one behind! :D I am only a few CDs into Algebra 1, so I'm not very far. Do you do your math online or do you use the books? Ohh..I'm going to miss your blog posts! :)

      Delete
    6. I have the books and CDs

      ~Katrina

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment on my blog. I enjoy your input, and try to reply to each comment!

2