22 July 2014

Cheap Health Tips and DIYs

Coconut oil for any moisterizer
Cinnamon, cocoa, or flour for dry shampoo
          So this week I have a couple of Cheap Healthy DIY's for daily life.

          The first concerns Aloe Vera, one of my top favorite plants.  Why do I love Aloe so much?  Most of you probably know that it can help relieve misquito bites and such.  It also can sooth sun burns (which I don't get that often, but when I do, this helps a lot!).  What I use aloe for the most is to relieve swelling skin from nettle stings.  If you don't know what nettle is, that is okay-- its just one of those annoying plants that looks harmless and then when you touch it, you swell up a little, and it stings for a couple of hours.  I used to think nettles weren't good for anything, but apparently I was wrong-- you can make some sort of wellness tea out of it.  Anywho.  I like Aloe a lot better than nettles ^.^
         Next I have something called dry shampoo.  When you don't have time to wash your hair, you can stick some of this in it-- and the wonderful thing is that you most likely will already have all of these around your house!
         The first of these options is cinnamon-- it is ideal for red hair, or brown/blonde like me-- if your hair color is like mine, it will get a reddish tint from the cinnamon ^.^ (you can also use nutmeg or some other type of spice like cinnamon)

          For the dark haired people we have cocoa powder-- the picture I have here isn't as dark as what kind should be used (I believe that is dutch cocoa...) so maybe find some unsweetened dark Hershey's cocoa or something like that, and it should work fine!

         Lastly for those with lighter hair there is flour-- just don't use too much because your hair will most likely turn really white.  I don't know what alternatives there are for lighter hair-- maybe some kind of light cooking spices?  If anyone has any ideas, just comment below, and I'll put it up here with a link to your blog ^.^


Then there is my favoritness ever.  CONOCUT OIL!  Okay-- this is the best for so many things.  First of these is a yummy oil alternative.  Second is a moisturizer of any type.  It is even fine enough to use on your face (just make sure you either have really dry skin if you use it, or use it during the winter when there is not moisture in the air).  If you have any other favorite uses for coconut oil, just comment below and I will add your ideas with a list to your blog.

I hope this helped!  Have a wonderful rest of the week!

post signature





4 comments:

  1. Wow this is amazing! I will have to try some of these out! I absolutely love aloe vera and coconut oil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Let me know how they work for you!

      ~Katrina

      Delete
  2. I love coconut oil! I use it all the time. :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment on my blog. I enjoy your input, and try to reply to each comment!