24 July 2014

DIY Christmas Box to Pen Holder

Alright, alright.  Some people might think this box is really cute and Christmasy, but it just isn't my style and kinda reminds me of ugly christmas sweaters (I mean really.  Checks, Plaid, and stripes?).  I decided that I would give it a new look!

          First of all you have to measure the paper to the box.  I did this by setting the box on it's side, and making sure that there was enough paper to go up all the sides-- and marking


          Once everything is measured and marked (meaning all the sides as well as the bottom) you can start cutting!  I cut the left and right sides like shown below-- doing this will leave a stronger hold (with "wings" of paper).  If that makes any sense... It's kinda confusing without a ton of pictures.  Anywho! You have

         If you can see what I did (tape the "wings" up) then good for you ;)  Next you glue the leftover sides up, take the tape off from the inside of the box, and put washi tape on the inside to keep the sides up!

      The lid is done pretty much the same way as you wrap a present or something ;)  There you have it!





Tada!  If you have any questions I'll see to making a diagram on any part that I wasn't clear on.  Have a wonderful day!

post signature


12 comments:

  1. Hey, I recognize that music note tape. ;) And I totally agree with the whole Christmas sweater/plaid/stripes/checks thing. Thanks for the tutorial! The end product is waaaaaaay cuter then the original. :)

    ~Grace
    toriseorbestruckdown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go Washi Tape, right? ^.^

      ~Katrina

      Delete
  2. I love the box! The tutorial is really good, too. :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I awarded you on my blog! :D Also, check out my giveaway ending in 2 days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I saw the Liebstar Award and am planning on posting that tomorrow. I also saw the givaway, however Chris Tomlin music isn't exactly my cup of tea-- Thanks for thinking of me though!

      ~Katrina

      Delete
    2. Okay, hopefully next time I do a giveaway I'll have something you would like. :) And, don't worry, I'm not a huge fan of Chris Tomlin either. ;)

      Delete
  4. Hello!
    What a lovely post, I have been reading your blog for a bit and I love it!
    Your New follower
    ~Evie :)
    http://ramblingsfromaustralia.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I have lots of ugly Christmas boxes. Now I know what to do with them! :)
    Amanda B.
    www.southkakalakigirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I'm glad you can use it ^.^

      ~Katrina

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment on my blog. I enjoy your input, and try to reply to each comment!