13 July 2014

Pictures of the Week // 4



The first part of this posts holds pictures from a Summer Ball held by one of my friend's church at the Interlachen Country Club.  There were mostly ones popular in the 1700-1800s such as the Virginia Reel.  The first part of my time was really awkward (thankfully my sister came with me!) -- I didn't know anyone except for the one friend who invited me and her family.  However towards the end it was pretty great ;)  In between these dances they played Swing music and the floor was open for Swing Dancing-- I wish I could have gone but I didn't know anyone to swing dance with, and also the last time I did was way last summer-- it was my first time too.


It was great to see the younger children interact in the dances-- even if they didn't quite know what they were doing the whole time ^.^




Me in the middle of the dance floor having no idea what I was doing.


The boys's idea of free dance XD
Grace & I






Me dancing the Virginia Reel for the first time-- I look so funny when dance, and I was so concentrated I didn't smile too much XD

The story behind this picture is interesting for sure.  At the last or second to last dance they had groups of four (two groups of partners).  I got asked by some late 20s early 30s dude... but then all the groups were filled and it was super awkward to Olivia too a picture of me when I looked at her like this... the worst part was that after the guy saw there were no more open groups, he just walked to the other side of the room and sat on the farthest chair.  0_0

Right before we left Olivia took a "solitary" picture as she called it
Okay so now that that is done here are some random nature pictures pictures of nature.




Our Grapes!

Our blueberries-- as of now we have 12 bushes!

Our Red Currents
And a Raspberry-- they didn't do too well this year since the deer ate the stalks down >.<
That's all for today!  Hope you enjoyed these pictures, and have a wonderful week!

post signature


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures!! I LOVE that last photo of the raspberry because you can actually see the dirt in your hands. It is totally amazing! :D It looks really good too! How did the raspberry taste? ;)
    I just starting following you, and I can't wait for more posts! ♥

    Julia Ryan♥

    writingforhisgloryblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Julia!
      Haha! thanks--I had been working beforehand and needed to take pictures before the sun went down ;). The raspberry was amazing! ^.^ Thanks for your interest in my blog!

      ~Katrina

      Delete
  2. Lovely pictures! I with I could grow that much food in my backyard. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy-- yes, with 40 acres we can grow lots of food, and its super fun to be able to go out and eat fruit from my "backyard" XD

      ~Katrina

      Delete
  3. That looked really fun. Great quality pictures. You look so gorgeous in the dress.

    Daisy l littlekawaiidaisy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was fun-- as I said the second half ;) Thanks and thanks ^.^

      ~Katrina

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment on my blog. I enjoy your input, and try to reply to each comment!

2