09 August 2014

Canon Rebel EOS t3i DSLR Camera Review

          Drum Roll Everyone!  I finally got my own Canon DSLR!  I seriously am so exstatic over this-- I know lots of people who don't like Canon and Nikon because they are so popular, but the t3i had everything that I wanted-- and all that will be explained in this post ^.^

Camera Outfit
                    Camera Outfit Collage Created on Polyvore.com
           This is where I got it ;) 

So!  The Canon EOS Rebel t3i was the best choice for me for these reasons:

  • Rotating LCD Screen 
  • Low price
  • It is a DSLR
  • It is a Canon
  • HD Video
  • Works with most EF, and certain EF-S Lenses
  • Lighweight but heavy duty
          Now to explain all of this.  I really really wanted a rotating LCD screen because, to put it bluntly, it comes in very handy.  If you need to take a group picture facing you, you can flip the screen and see what you are doing.  And trust me.  This can happen more than you think!
          Low price.  Some people might not think that $600 is a low price, but for a high quality (well not super high ... I guess upper middle, to lower high quality?).  What I'm trying to say is that you definitly get the quality for your money, and if you buy it online in a bundle like I did, you can get even more "bang for your buck" so to speak.
          It is a DSLR.  "Whatin the world does that mean?" I though as well when I first heard it ^.^ It stands for Digital Single-Lens Reflex.  And again "What in the world does that mean?"  This Article talks about the differences for the most part between DSLRs and Point and shoots.  I prefer to tell people that DSLR means it has interchangeable lenses, which although technically that isn't fully the meaning, it pretty much sums up what it means to me ;)
          It is a Canon.  Although most people like to stay away from the Nikon and Canon business because they have almost completely taken over the mainstream camera market, I have chosen to stay with them.  Why?  Because I know how they work, and also they happen to have everything I want in a Camera.  If, however you are looking into a great camera that doesn't need a rotating LCD screen, and also isn't a big name brand, you should totally check out Pentax.
          Hd video?  Pretty self explanitory and actually was just something that I wasn't worried about but I'm glad I have it anyway ^.^
          The whole lens thing still isn't totally clear to me.  I'm a self taught photographer and haven't had any classes at all, so just to know that I could have a lot of different lenses sounded great to me!  And it is ;) 
          Lightweight?  Heavy Duty as well?  Sounds great right?  It is.  Most Canon and Nikons are great because of their hight quality and heavy dutyness.  I like the t3i because it still has these pros, but it is lightweight all the while.  That way my arm doesn't fall asleep, and my neck doesn't get sore from holding the camera ^.^
          I will probably be posting little Camera tutorials every once in a while if I get around to it ^.^  They could be about ISO, or Focusing, or the different types of lenses I find and use.  Remember, I'm just a beginner and I'm learning all of this stuff by myself.  If you have any tips or tricks that you use for taking pictures let me know!  If you are also a photographer what kind of a camera do you have, and what is your take on the Canon EOS Rebel t3i?

Have a beautiful evening!

post signature


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really nice camera. :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment on my blog. I enjoy your input, and try to reply to each comment!

2