18 August 2014

Movie: The Edge of Tomorrow

          I have a review for you today on the latest Tom Cruise movie- The Edge of Tomorrow.  I had seen the trailer in theatres when watching The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug, as well as X-Men: Days of Future Past.  I was (unlike after most trailers) interested in seeing this movie.  One reason being the appearance of Emily Blunt (which I have seen in such differing roles in The Devil Wears Prada, The Young Victoria, as well as an episode of Foyle's War!)  Anywho, I'll just get on with the review now ^.^


          When the movie first began it was a bit confusing.  However it was supposed to be-- so mission achieved!  Still, it took around 1/4 of the movie to actually get the plot going enough where I understood where they were going.  Besides that, the plot was very intruiguing and I was interested throughout to see what was going to happen next... because that's what they want when they make movies ;)
         For those of you who do not know anything about this movie I can say this: it is a PG-13 Action/Sci-Fi movie which tells the story of Lt. Col. Bill Cage who when addressing a superior officer about an upcoming battle finds himself arrested and to add to that, wakes up in a battle camp preparing for the aformentioned battle.  However there is a twist... Spoilers! 
                                                               (highlight space to see text)
          Every time Bill dies, he finds himself waking up again to the same point where he first found himself inside the camp.  This repetition got annoying at first, but once the movie went on, they began to shorten the repetition, and also Cage began to change his reactions to the circumstances.
          Overall it was a great action movie, even if at some times all I could get out of it were blinking lights and lots of noise ;)  If that's what you like (along with some interesting mystery) you would probably love this movie.  Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be glad to answer them!

Have you seen Edge of Tomorrow?  What did you think of it?

Have a wonderful week!d
post signature



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment on my blog. I enjoy your input, and try to reply to each comment!

2