21 September 2014

Chai Tea Latte Recipe!

Once the cold weather started to set in I desperately wanted tea.  Not only tea, but autumn spices as well.  What makes a cold Minnesota day better?  A hot chai tea latte from scratch.


          Begin by measuring out 10 oz. of water and pouring it into a tea kettle.  Place your kettle on high heat on the burner that fits best.


   









   Next measure a rounded tablespoon of loose black tea into a small bowl.  You can use an actual measure spoon, or just a normal tablespoon like me.  Do the same with:  2 teaspoons of honey, 1/4 tsp. ground ginger, 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. ground cloves, 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg.  Then add one black peppercorn.  Once your kettle water has boiled, pour it into a saucepan and add your spices, heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.

                 
Next comes the 10 oz. of milk.  You will want to steam the milk with your espresso machine if you have one-- otherwise if you don't (or if you're in a hurry) heat it in the microwave at high heat 30 seconds at a time for around 1:30.


Next you strain the tea.  You may either use one of these hand coffee filter holders with a coffee filter, or put a small sieve inside of a funnel.  If you choose to use the coffee filter be careful: it takes a while, and picking the filter up will not make it drain any faster- instead it could break. 


Once that is all finished, you are done!  And you can enjoy your latte!Here is the website which I found the recipe at:http://www.copycatrecipeguide.com/How_to_Make_a_Starbucks_Chai_Tea_Latte


post signature



9 comments:

  1. Hi Katrina! I tag you for the 20-things-you-might-not-know-about-me // Blog Tag. Please check out my blog to see.
    June | http://weezasjournal.blogspot.com/2014/09/20-things-you-might-not-know-about-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you June! I will get to writing that post as soon as I can!

      ~Katrina

      Delete
  2. Really nice, it looks delicious! :D

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, you should totally try it!

      ~Katrina

      Delete
  3. !!! I've been wanting to find a chai tea latte recipe for a while now-- I am so going to make this! :D Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You should totally let me know how you like it! :)

    ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment on my blog. I enjoy your input, and try to reply to each comment!

2