14 September 2014

Chicken Pesto Quesadilla Recipe

          Every year my family grows lots of basil, and each year my mom makes tons of pesto which we eat and freeze for later eating.  The other day she made some more after harvesting a huge bunch of basil.  She had the idea of making some kind of a chicken pesto wrap, and I thought "Why don't we make Quesadillas!"  So I did, and I thought I would share with you how I made it ;)  And pardon for the poor quality pictures... it was past 8:00 so there was no natural light and I was trying to take pictures without holding my camera too much because I was also making the food at the same time.

          First you take a tortilla and spread as much pesto as you want on it.  Fresh pesto is the best for it, but I think you can buy it in little glass jars at the grocery store.
          Then you take some baked chicken breasts (drumsticks work as well) and break up that chicken into strips as best you can.  As you can see, mine didn't turn quite into strips...
          Then you cut up some tomatos into little pieces about half the length of your thumb and sprinkle the tomatos (if you can sprinkle tomatos... is that possible?) over the chicken and such.
          Then you take some parmesan cheese and sprinkle that all over the rest of your ingredients... oh I didn't mention before (although you may have been able to see in the pictures) that you only put the ingredients on half of your wrap ;)
          Now you fold over the empty side of the wrap on top of your ingredients and bake on 350 for about 10-15 minutes.  You may have to watch it and see how long yours take to get a light brown color on the edges ;)
Voila!  You are done!

post signature



8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this! Im going to try it! Looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Vanessa! I had fun making it ^.^

      ~Katrina

      Delete
  2. Ohhh, my goodness, this looks so good!! Fresh pesto is THE best thing EVER!!! I like to put mine on tortillas with Laughing Cow cheese!! It's sooo good! Yum! I'm going to have to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds delicious! Let me know how the recipe turned out!

      ~Katrina

      Delete
  3. Will definitely try this! I love Quesadillas! Thank you for sharing.

    Love your blog by the way, followed! :)

    xx Alex the T-Rex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Thanks Alexandra! I'm glad you find it useful ^.^

      ~Katrina

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment on my blog. I enjoy your input, and try to reply to each comment!