05 September 2014

Spotify vs. Pandora?

Spotify vs. Pandora
Created on Polyvore.com

          Some people have wondered why I used one over the other, and I can give a couple of reasons.  But first of all let me explain what these two programs are as described by Wikipedia...

  1. Pandora Internet Radio (also known as Pandora Radio or simply Pandora) is a music streaming and automated music recommendation service that serves as "custodian" of the Music Genome Project.
  2. Spotify is a commercial music streaming service providing digital rights management–restricted content from record labels including Sony, EMI, Warner Music Group and Universal. Music can be browsed or searched by artist, album, genre, playlist, or record label.
          So!  Now that we've gotten that out of the way... why choose one over the other?  First of all I started using pandora in Fall of 2012 (why do I remember?  Because I know what school I was doing while listening ^.^)  Anywho, that makes it two years already of using Pandora.  So what about Spotify?  It sounds way better than Pandora!
          What I have to say about Spotify isn't that bad...unless you have an older computer.  I downloaded it and first of all it made my computer run slower (I have an around 10 year old hp business laptop).  Even though my computer is old it doesn't usually run very slowly... however Spotify made it run slower.  My second tidbit is stricly preference.  I don't like having to choose what exactly to listen to next and when I do I use YouTube.  Yeah I know I'm weird and also Spotify has playlists, but Pandora with its unending playlist is my choice.  

Let me know what your thoughts are and if you like Spotify better than Pandora or vice versa!


post signature



2 comments:

  1. Neat! Thanks for this post :) I knew about Spotify but Pandora is new to me! Have you ever tried 8tracks? That's the one I use :)

    hugs

    ~Maiya~ http://maiyamac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Maiya! No I've never year of 8tracks, but I am going to check it out soon! Thanks for your input!

      ~Katrina

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to comment on my blog. I enjoy your input, and try to reply to each comment!

2