09 June 2016

Pictures of the Week // 11

A Road trip to the Great Southern States of Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia, and North Carolina happened last week with my family.
It was much needed.

Now, enjoy these pictures showing a slice of the South.

Louisville, KY

Louisville, KY

Louisville, KY

Mountain Laurel
Tri-State Peak, KY, WV, TN

Tri-State Peak

Tri-State Peak

Cumberland Gap Outlook
--Leaving your mark on large rocks is nothing new.  J.W. George from 1928 knew it was cool too--

Cumberland Gap Outlook

Cumberland Gap Outlook

Cumberland Gap Outlook

Cumberland Gap Outlook

Smoky Mountains

Abram's Falls ft. A bear cub, which, according to a nearby 12 year old, I, "Almost ran into it"
(Truthfully? I was 10 feet away before I saw it)

Abram's Falls

The Great Smoky Mountains

From driving hours on end (and being stuck in a vehicle with family for something called too long) to getting lost and winding up small dirt mountain roads and back down again, to almost getting stuck on the mountain because of car troubles, and finally swimming in the waterfalls, our Southern Adventure brought many lessons.  Patience.  Kindness.  Water.  All are musts in roadtripping, and when forgotten can lead to something not pretty.  When remembered, hearts burst full of joy, and memories, mostly wholesome, are born.
I wouldn't trade my family or this trip for the world.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment on my blog. I enjoy your input, and try to reply to each comment!